September 13, 2010

Mario Cake


Considering the last Mario incarnation I'm familiar with is the N64 version (Mario Kart!) I had to do some studying up on Wii Mario Galaxy before I made this cake. I still don't know too much, but I know what Lumas are and what colors the Mario logo uses.



I'm pretty dang proud of that Mario.

If I were to do this cake again, I would make Mario bigger. I was worried he wouldn't fit. Oh, and definitely don't use oil to keep the fondant from sticking. Cause it stuck anyway and I had to do some damage control. Powdered sugar from now on!

2 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

This is one of my favorites! Seriously--it's so artistic and Ken would love it! Maybe I will be as good as you when I grow up!

Sommer said...

I still am in complete aw by this cake. Seriously amazing!