January 23, 2011

Chocolate Fondant Wedding Cake

This was for my sister's wedding. I loved getting to try this--it was such a unique design. It's chocolate fondant, and the tree is actually cut out of the fondant instead of just piped on. There were some complications (especially since I was making this very, very, quickly and at someone else's house) but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


The layers were yummy--raspberry filling, raspberry cheesecake filling, and strawberry filling. Too bad we didn't actually get to eat any of it due to a miscommunication which meant there were no forks at the reception... Kenna and Brian had LOTS of leftovers!


Don't look too closely at the picture above--it was nasty weather that day and the cake got a sprinkle of rain. I guess it gave it an outdoorsy look...



No comments: