October 23, 2010

Pearl Wedding Cake


I made this for Jon's brother's wedding. Claudia's colors were pink and violet, and her only request was for pearls. This was my first time making fondant roses. They were really, really time consuming, but they looked so much nicer than the icing roses!
I also learned that wedding cakes aren't usually 6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch layers. It's usually more like, 6 inch, 9 inch, 12 inch. I realized this when I had to shove the roses onto these tiny ledges...

Wondering why these pictures are so much better than usual? It's because I had the amazing Krystal take them! She's fantastic (and has great prices) if you're looking for a photographer.I loved having the chance to do another wedding cake. Definitely makes me feel more confident about doing it again at some point...

2 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

i am in love with this cake megan. it's perfect! i want it for my wedding. haha the roses and pearls are so pretty, and i love the color combo!

Alicia said...

Absolutely stunning Megan! It is elegant and beautiful. Wonderful job :)