October 1, 2010

Vader Lightsaber Cake

This was so much fun--I've been dying to make a Star Wars cake (yes, I'm a nerd)! This is a 9x13 cake cut into thirds.

After getting a good look at all the terrible, terrible lightsaber cakes out there (with a few fantastic exceptions), I did some serious proportion studies on lightsaber pictures. (In case you care, the handle is approximately 1/4 of the entire length. Not half. And lightsabers aren't triangles, either).

I definitely did some close studies of Vader's lightsaber for this one. That's right, this kid wanted a Sith lightsaber cake. Awesome. So, given that I had to slightly condense the size (real lightsabers are longer than 36 inches), I present Vader's lightsaber in cake form:
(No, I didn't make the little guys. They're toys)

Sorry for all the pictures. It's really hard to get a good shot of a 40 inch cake...

No comments: